Travelling to the Southern part of Mozambique, one find the authentic gem of Ponta do Ouro. Ponta do Ouro translating into ‘Tip of Gold’. You’ll be sure to find beautiful white beaches, dense dune forests, amazing diving and an ever-stretching azure sea. A very traditional open air market, several “cantinas” (little shops) and eager curio sellers will quench your thirst for shopping before you make your way to one of the rustic restaurants in town…Enjoy a tasty meal at one of Ponta’s restaurants or watch the sunset with a cocktail in hand.
Apart from the many friendly Mozambicans eager to add joy to your visit, and the beach sand making twirls through your toes as you splash in the calm and clear ocean, a visit here allows the opportunity to explore some of the greatest experiences in Africa.
All year round activities include:
- The reefs of Ponta Do Ouro offer a huge diversity in marine-life which ranges from Paperfish, Frogfish and Spanish Dancers to Honeycomb Eels, huge Round Ribbontail Rays and many species of Turtle. Here is a huge number of reef which is perfect for every level of Scuba Diving with depths ranging from 9-meters to 30-meters
- Swimming with Dolphins is a bucket list item for many, and here you can do it in the natural habitat of the dolphin
- Snorkeling can be done off the boat or at some reef sections reachable by foot from the beach.
Activities specific to certain periods of the year:
- From September to May Ponta Do Ouro is rated as one of the top shark diving site in the world with 17 different shark species identified over the years.
- Humpback Whales pass Ponta Do Ouro between June and November when we often see the whales from the lodge deck whilst enjoying a beer or cocktail while the Humpback Whale put on a show. For a closure view, break the surf by boat before getting close to these amazing mammals.
Ponta do Ouro and Ponta Mamoli which are neighboring towns offer a truly relaxing experience with a fun element and a ‘go-with-the-flow’ attitude.